Day 22: BossChix Network 31 Day Goal-Getter Challenge

Know Your Worth. The gender pay gap is real and part of the fix is to be more transparent about salary and compensation. Have a conversation with a colleague or someone in your industry that you trust. To address the pay gap, we need to be more open and transparent about the disparities. For a little more insight include a male colleague in your information gathering.

BossChix Network 31 Day Challenge: Know Your Worth, don't be afraid to talk money

Published by Aija Rhodes

Aija is the founder of BossChix Network, a women’s empowerment and lifestyle blog that celebrates women’s professional achievements, community involvement, and family life. BossChix Network also empowers women to overcome challenges and achieve their goals, BossChix Network serves as an outlet for women to connect and collaborate with others who seek to climb the corporate ladder, land roles that prepare them for senior leadership, and live authentically. Aija is a management consultant for a Big Four consultancy firm. She is a certified Project Management Professional and has fourteen years of program and project management experience assisting clients in conquering an array of business challenges. Most recently, she led a team that designed an IT security program and portfolio management processes for a global healthcare company. When she isn’t blogging or working with clients, Aija can be found enjoying the restaurants and museums of her hometown, Washington, D.C.

Notify of
guest
16 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Vany|misscoilyhair
3 years ago

With my line of work, I luckily have not had to deal with this matter, but I know how frustrating it is. Good job starting a discussion on the subject.

Kiwi
3 years ago

I know talking about finances is a touchy subject. I like to look up blog income reports to inspire me for my industry.

Daria
3 years ago

I’m dealing with this now. It’s so hard for me to talk about it to my boss. The conversation definitely needs to be had though. Thanks for sharing and the motivation to do so.

Elle (cleverlychanging)
Elle (cleverlychanging)
3 years ago

I struggle with my pricing. I’m the worse because I have such a giving heart and came for a family of serial volunteers. I am trying to blaze my own trail though after almost 7 years of freelancing, volunteering doesn’t pay the bills.

Tiffany H.
3 years ago

I know that there is gender pay gap but i never thought to test the theory bu asking a colleague how much they make. I do think it is a good idea to research how much you should be making and take the necessary step to get paid your worth.

Jonna
3 years ago

Knowing your worth is important but it can be difficult to determine. It’s not just about how much you want to get paid, but how much your talent and skills is worth in your market.

Tanya Barnett
Tanya Barnett
3 years ago

I love this tip!I have struggled with this for years. This is my year to concur this.,

Valerie Robinson
3 years ago

Don’t even get me started on this topic! It makes me so angry – absolutely ridiculous! Thanks for this great reminder and call to action.

Latoya | Life and a Budget

Gender pay gaps truly pisses me off. It’s ridiculous! This is important advice you share though, the way to change is by talking.

Ayanna @ 21 FlavorsosSplendor

Knowing your worth is so important! In order for us to get the information we want, we have to go out and find it. Always remembering that asking different people and checking different resources are key.

Keisha
3 years ago

We certainly need to stay abreast of matters such as this. I would be more comfortable doing my own research can’t trust to many people when it comes to these types of questions. Thanks for sharing!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x